DJ Robinson - Tandem Bicyclist
Davian "DJ" Robinson is a tandem bicyclist living in Raleigh, North Carolina. DJ has always been active and participated in wrestling, goalball, and track and field when he attended the Governor Morehead School for the Blind. After graduating in 2011, DJ began pursuing competitive tandem bicycling. Chazz Walker coaches and mentors DJ.
DJ recently particpated in the Elite Talent Camp at the US Paralympics Training Camp in Colorado Springs, CO; he is working to become a member of the US Paralympics Cycling Team.
Team Tandemonium Resume
- Greenville PARA TT, March 2013, 21km., 38min. 23 sec., 6th place
- Greenville PARA RR, March 2013, 77km., 2 hours 20 min., 6th place
- PARA National Time Trial Championships, July 2013, TT, 29km., 40 min. 12 sec., 10th place
- PARA National Road Championships, July 2013, RR, 2 hours 15 min., 9th place
- Tandemonium 2013 Scratch Race, Trexlertown Velodrome, PA., August 2013, 8th place
Certifications & Camps:
- Learn to Race Camp at the OTC in Colorado Springs, CO., May 2012
- Emerging Talent Camp at the OTC in Colorado Springs, CO., May 2013
- Certification to train on the Giordana Velodrome in Rock Hill, SC, June 2013
Tours & Charity Events 2013:
- Tour de Cure, 190 miles in 2 days as a benefit ride for the American Diabetes Association
- Crank for a Cause, 104 miles in 4 hours on a stationary trainer in downtown Raleigh as a benefit fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association, Average speed of 26 MPH, February 2013
Next important event for Team Tandemonium:
PARA National Track Championships in Carson City, CA., November 22-24 ***
*** Note: these are the events that DJ stands a “best chance” of winning and/or making the podium. These events will get DJ noticed by the “powers-that-be” of the USA Cycling PARA talent scouts. Best case scenario is that Team Tandemonium wins the Track Nationals and DJ is invited to become a member of the USA National Team. This process will open the door for DJ to stay on track for his desired goal of making the 2016 USA Paralympic Team for Rio de Janeiro!